Friday, March 15, 2013

Lincoln





When my little fella wakes up on Sunday morning he will be four years old.  I can hardly believe it.  I know it's cliche, but it really seems like it was just last week that I was pregnant, and about 5 minutes ago he was my chubby, bald, big headed baby boy.  This little man that he is turning into, though, is more than I could have ever wished for.  He constantly keeps me on my toes, asking me questions that  are sometimes so simple I don't know how to answer them, other times so complex I don't know how to begin.  He is a dancing fool, can climb like a monkey, and can run faster than a cheetah (ask him to show you next time you see him!).  Lincoln is intelligent, curious, funny, creative, clever, strong, and well mannered; he even eats his vegetables.  I could not be more proud to be his mama.

7 months old
He wants to be a cowboy when he grows up.
He is the best big brother.
We have been celebrating Prince Week since Monday, and will conclude with a small party at home on Sunday, his actual birthday.  He has requested a choo-choo train carrot cake, and what the Prince wants, the Prince gets.  I plan to make this one, which looks nothing short of amazingly delicious, minus the nuts and raisins.  He is even going to help me make it tomorrow, that sweet little guy of mine.  

As if turning four isn't enough excitement for this weekend, tomorrow Lincoln is going to his first T-ball practice.  It is actually just try-outs for the teams, but it will be his first time on the field and the first time to see his peers.  I fully expect him to be a little nervous and shy about it, but I am so excited for him; I am confident that once he gets over his nerves he will shine.  He is something special.  

No comments:

Post a Comment