Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Valentines

We spent yesterday morning making Valentines for our library party today.  I love a homemade gift more than anything, except possibly giving a homemade gift, so you know I was not going to let the kiddos pass out Spiderman cards (as much as they may have liked that...).  



I found the idea for these handprint hearts on pintrest, and thanks to Lincoln's mad scissor skills we had about 15 of them done in no time.  The hardest part was tracing their chubby, wiggly little hands ("it tickles!!").  

Valentines Day has never been a big deal to me; Wes and I have always been happy to exchange homemade cards and maybe eat dinner in a restaurant.  But, like so many other things in life, now that we have kids it is different.  I love these little holidays almost as much as Christmas now.  There isn't as much build up so they don't have any expectations of what is waiting for them, making the little surprises all the more special.  I have big plans to give them a few small treats in the morning, followed by heart shaped pancakes for my 2 sweet little Valentines.  

Happy Valentines Day!
  

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You have a lot to share. This is a great way to way to let people know what adventures youall are having. Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete